TikTok’s platform is primarily fueled by viral videos of users doing outlandish, scary or funny things. On the platform, these trending videos and memes usually come with a hashtag that includes the word challenge. But what is a TikTok challenge and how do you find or create them? Here’s everything you need to know.
What is a TikTok challenge?
In the most basic sense, a TikTok challenge is a call to take some kind of action and record it via TikTok video. Typically, these challenges originate from viral TikTok videos that usually involve a song, dance move, movie quote, etc. Of course, a challenge is not complete without its defining hashtag in the video description.
Types of TikTok challenges
There are hundreds of TikTok challenges to enjoy, such as dance challenges, reaction challenges, song challenges and more. Some of the recent viral favorites include:
- The Haribo Challenge (#haribochallenge): TikTok users film videos of crowds of gummy bears while Adele’s “Someone Like You” plays.
- The Egg Challenge (#eggchallenge): TikTok users film videos of giving eggs to their dogs to see what they do with them.
- The Crush Challenge (#crushchallenge): TikTok users film a video of themselves and two other friends with a song playing in the background. Pointing to each other in a circle, wherever the first beat of the song hits, that person must call out to their crush.
- The Stop Challenge (#stopchallenge): although this has many variations, one of the most popular involves filming a friend in a clothing store. With your eyes closed, running your hands along the racks, they hear you tell them to stop. When you do, they have to wear whatever they’re touching.
- The Me Versus (#meversus) challenge: in this challenge, TikTok users create videos that show those everyday annoyances we encounter in life. For example, some users make videos about fast food, while others remind us what it’s like to find a spider in your room.
This is just scratching the surface of the TikTok challenge world. It seems like a new challenge is born every day.
How to find TikTok challenges
If you’re ready to try your first TikTok challenge, it’s pretty easy to find them with a few key tips.
- First, check out the TikTok For You feed. You’ll often see popular videos here complete with their trending challenge hashtags.
- You can also search for challenges using the Discover feature. In Discover, you’ll see trending videos, some that include new viral challenges.
- You can also use the search function to find challenges. Simply tap the search box and enter the word “challenge” or a specific hashtag.
How to create a TikTok challenge video
Once you find a challenge you would like to accept, you will need to create your own TikTok challenge video.
- To get started, make a note of the hashtag for the challenge video you want to record. You will need this later.
- Tap the More icon to record a new video within the TikTok application or upload your own video from your phone. Once you are done, tap the check mark.
- Review your video and make any changes. Once completed, tap Next.
- On the Post screen, you will need to enter a description that includes the challenge hashtag you want to use.
Please take a moment to visit their page to know where to buy tiktok likes.